Water isn’t good for your garage door. But when it rains, the water goes directly under the door and makes it difficult for it to easily open and close. Thus, in this piece of writing, I’ll tell you how to keep water from coming under the garage door.
Steps to Prevent Water From Entering Through the Garage Door
If you don’t want water to come under your garage door, then you don’t have to do many things. It should be enough for you to follow those steps. It’s time to jump in!
- The bottom seals on your garage door need to be replaced. A damaged or worn seal can let in more than just water. In addition, they can allow dirt and pests to enter.
- Your home should have enough gutters. Your garage should be equipped with gutters to divert water away from the garage door and foundation.
- You may encounter serious water issues if your driveway slopes down toward your garage door. You can keep the area beneath your garage door dry by installing a trench drain that drains water away from the house.
- Raising the garage floor may seem like an expensive option, but it can be beneficial in the long run.
- Landscaping is a good way to divert water away from the house. In addition to being more natural, this method is also more cost-effective.
That’s it. For any more questions related to the topic, you can hit the comment section below. I’d love to help you out.
For any garage door opener repair services, check out garage door opener repair Yorktown which provides professional services.